Game Day Parking Information - regular season
Because Jerry Richardson Stadium is located on campus, the parking management strategy is designed to make the game-day experience enjoyable and safe for everyone.
Parking on campus is at a premium for all football home games (September 6, September 27, October 25, November 8, November 15, November 22)
- All entrances to campus will be closed five hours prior to kickoff, at 7:00 am, except for two: the Main Entrance and east entrance off John Kirk Road.
- Game-day entrances will be opened four hours prior to kickoff only to Game Day permit holders at the designated entrance for their permit.
- On the Friday prior to game day, signs will be placed in all tailgating lots and parking decks as notification that those lots and decks are closed and must be vacated.
- Vehicles parked in lots/decks designated for Football parking after midnight on Friday will be towed at the owner’s expense. Tow fee is $75.00. Areas closed for football are:
- Cone Deck
- CRI Deck
- Union Deck
- West Deck
- CRI 1
- CRI 1A
- CRI 2
- CRI 2A
- CRI 3
- CRI 3A
- CRI 4A
- CRI 5A
- Lot 5
- Lot 5A
- Lot 6 (upper portion)
- Lot 7
- Lot 7A
- Lot 18
- Lot 19
- Lot 23
- Lot 23A
- Lot 25
- Lot 27
- Lot 29
- Lot 29A
ALL parking for the game will require a specific Game Day parking permit
- FSL holders will be provided with pre-printed Game Day parking permits. For questions concerning FSL Permits, please contact the Athletic Foundation at 704-687-4950.
- Single Game Day permits will be available online through Click and Park. Single Game Day permits are available for Union Deck (Yellow) or West Deck (Purple) for $17.70 per vehicle and CRI Deck (Orange) for $23.60 per vehicle. Note that grills are not allowed in parking decks. Single Game Day permits for tailgating (grills allowed) are available for Lot 25 (Silver) for $50 per vehicle.
- Cash parking will be available in Cone Deck (Pink) for $20 per vehicle.
- ADA Parking permits will be available through Click and Park for the CRI Deck. (Both an Orange CRI Deck ADA Game Day Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.)
- Employees and volunteers who are working the event will be provided a specific validation code by their supervisor to obtain a permit through Click and Park. Validation codes are game-specific and may be used only once.
- When a Game Day permit is obtained through Click and Park, directions to the proper entrance are given.
- All parking permits will be collected upon entrance to the parking area; there is no exit and reentry.
Student Tailgating and Parking
- Student tailgating will be in Lots 5, 5A, and 6; space is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must go online to Click and Park, the Tuesday prior to game day, to obtain a student tailgating permit using their student ID number as a validation code.
- There is no charge for a student tailgating permit.
- When student tailgating permits are issued to capacity, students must park in East Deck 2, East Deck 3 or South Village Deck using their UNCC student parking permit.
- Students who do not have a UNCC parking permit will be required to park in East 1 Visitor Deck or South Village Deck and pay the associated Visitor fee.
- Students needing ADA Parking may obtain an Orange ADA permit for CRI Deck in lieu of the white tailgating permit. (Only one permit will be issued per game; you can't have both). Both an Orange CRI ADA Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.
Phillips Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic, with the exception of service vehicles with the appropriate access permit.
- Service permits are available on Click and Park with an authorization code provided by Parking and Transportation Services (upon request with proper justification).
Non-football parking information
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit who are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for football parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for football parking for home games. Reserved permits are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game Visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established Visitor rates will apply.
Additional information for Resident students
- Student Resident lots, with the exception of Lot 25 and Lot 6, will not be affected by football.
- All vehicles parked in Lot 25 must be moved by midnight, the Friday before a Saturday home game. Vehicles not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense. Alternative parking is North Deck or any other R-designated lot or deck.
- All vehicles parked in Lot 6 must be parked in the lower bays closest to Cameron Blvd. as indicated on this map
- Resident (R) permits will be required to park in any resident lot.
- Please tell any friends/relatives who plan to visit you on home game Saturdays, that they will be required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck Visitors parking and pay the normal Visitor fee ($1/half hour - $10 max) unless they have a Game Day prepaid permit or park in the Cash Lot at Cone Center.
Football Parking Designations:
- Gold Tailgating Lot; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and Institute Circle
- Green Tailgating Lot; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and Institute Circle
- Black Tailgating Lot; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Red Tailgating Lot; enter campus at WT Harris and Alumni Way
- Blue Tailgating Lot; enter campus at WT Harris and Alumni Way or University City Blvd (49) and Cameron
- Silver Tailgating Lot; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Orange Lot - ADA Game Day parking and approved FSL Holders; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and JW Clay
- Yellow Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Purple Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff; enter campus at WT Harris and Alumni Way or University City Blvd (49) and Cameron
- Pink Lot – Cash parking for Game Day only; enter at University City Blvd (49) and Broadrick
- White Lots for student tailgating; enter Campus at John Kirk and Van Landingham
UNC Charlotte Tailgating and Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Getting to the game via Charlotte Area Transit