Relaxed enforcement is in effect Thursday, Dec. 8 through Sunday Jan. 8.
What the means specifically is that:
- Permits are still required to park
- Meters are enforced
- Visitor deck fees must be paid
Any semester or year-long permit is valid 24/7
- Two-Day permits are valid 7 days per week
- Night permits are valid at any time
Any valid permit may park in any non-reserved student space
- Commuter permits may park in Resident and Greek spaces
- Resident permits may park in Commuter and Greek spaces
- Greek permits may park in Commuter and Resident spaces
- Faculty/Staff permits may park in any student space including Lot 16
- Lot 6A and Lot 27 permits may park in any student space
Reminder about loading and unloading
For short term parking by a building to carry something in or out, call the PaTS Call Center at 704-687-0161. Give your vehicle information and location. You'll be given some direction and 15 minutes to park.
PaTS Call Center line has someone available to help you 24/5 (weekdays from 5:00 AM continuously through 10:00 PM Friday). When in doubt, ASK, please!
Graduating or leaving the University?
Your full-time permit is still worth money! Turn it in to the Parking and Transportation Services office for a partial refund. Here’s the link to the refund policy and schedule.
Do not sell your permit to another student. UNC Charlotte parking permits may only be bought through PaTS. Permits are registered to a specific person and vehicle. Selling a permit to someone to whom it’s not registered may subject you and them to fines and other penalties.
Leaving your car on campus over winter break?
A quiet campus can provide criminals with opportunity to strike cars parked in isolation. That's why Lt. Brian Thomas of Campus Police suggests that anyone who is leaving a car on campus over any or all of the break park in Lot 25 over by the Police and Public Safety building and North Deck. There will be a two-story observation tower there and your car will be within sight-line of working officers.
- Call the PaTS Call Center, 704-687-0161
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We're also on Twitter, @unccparking.
Photo: upper level Cone Deck after a snow from early 1970's. The Atkins Library Tower looked a bit dfferent then!