Relaxed enforcement in effect Wednesday, May 3 through Friday, May 12
What the means specifically is that:
- Permits are still required to park
- Meters are enforced
- Visitor deck fees must be paid
Any semester or year-long permit is valid 24/7
- Two-Day permits are valid 7 days per week
- Night permits are valid at any time
Any valid permit may park in any non-reserved student space
- Commuter permits may park in Resident and Greek spaces
- Resident permits may park in Commuter and Greek spaces
- Greek permits may park in Commuter and Resident spaces
- Faculty/Staff permits may park in any student space including Lot 16
- Lot 6A and Lot 27 permits may park in any student space
Temporary (daily) permits are valid ONLY for the days purchased.
Permits are not enforced on weekends after 10:00 PM Friday until 5:00 AM Monday and when the PaTS Call Center is closed.
Moving out? Reminder about loading and unloading
For short term parking by a building to carry something in or out, call the PaTS Communication Center at 704-687-0161. Give your vehicle information and location. You'll be given some direction and 15 minutes to park.
PaTS' Communication Center line has someone available to help you 24/5 (weekdays from 5:00 AM continuously through 10:00 PM Friday). When in doubt, ASK, please!
Summer parking permits are available for online purchase may be picked-up from the PaTS Office May 15.
- If you bought a full-time permit in the fall or spring (Commuter, Resident, Greek Village, Faculty/Staff) your permit is good throughout summer (expiration is August 15).
- Summer permits cost $110 per session (Summer 1 or 2) or $185 for both sessions.
Don't buy someone else's permit (or sell yours)
Unexpired full-time permits have a way of showing up on Twitter and Craigslist this time of year but UNC Charlotte parking permits may only be bought through PaTS. Permits are registered to a specific person and vehicle. Buying and then using a permit registered to someone else may subject you to fines and other penalties.
- Call the PaTS Call Center, 704-687-0161
- or email email@example.com
- We're also on Twitter, @unccparking.
Summer bus service
Here’s some welcome news for those taking classes or working on campus this summer: PaTS will be running 15-passenger shuttles on Red and Green Lines throughout the summer, May 15 - August 1 (except holidays when the University is closed) from 7 AM until 11:30 PM weekdays, 3:30 PM - 11:30 PM weekends.
Expect some temporary parking disruption/displacement this summer as capital construction projects begin and new license plate recognition and gate systems are installed. Follow @unccparking on Twitter for the latest information.