UNC Charlotte Center City campus does not have separate parking dedicated to the building, which is typical of other buildings uptown, but the University has negotiated an arrangement with Preferred Parking, Inc., owner of the closest surrounding lots, for Student and Faculty/Staff parking. The parking location (currently 319 E. Ninth Street) may change due to planned construction. Continue to check the PaTS site for updates.
ADA accessible parking (with the appropriate State placard) in conjunction with a UNC Charlotte Center City Parking hangtag, is available at 625 N. Brevard St.
Center City Parking Permits
Because Center City parking is privately owned, there will be operational differences between Main Campus and Center City Campus. Parking at Center City will require a time-specific UNC Charlotte Center City parking hangtag.
- CCB permits are available for online purchase.
- CCB permits are issued by semester. Full-time annual permits purchased in the fall semester are reissued for spring and summer at no additional charge.
- Center City Parking Permits are specific to day and class schedule:
- Day permits are valid 6:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Evening permits are valid 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Permits are valid only on specified class days and hours.
Full-time Annual Permit: $450
- This is the least expensive choice for students who will be at Center City Campus more than two days, evenings, or combination, per week. If the permit is needed for just one semester, refunds will be according to the campus parking refund schedule.
- This permit will also be valid at UNC Charlotte Main Campus as a regular Commuter [C] permit.
Two Use Permit: $165
- Two uses per week (day or evening) for one semester (Fall or Spring).
- Valid as a Night Permit [N] on Main Campus (after 3:00 PM in Commuter [C] parking areas).
One Use Permit: $95
- One use per week (day or evening) for one semester (Fall or Spring)
- This permit is not valid on Main Campus at any time.
Once CCB permit orders have been processed they are sent to Center City for pickup. Any order placed by before 6:00 AM will be sent to CCB by noon the same day. Any permits ordered after 6:00 AM will be processed and sent the following day.
You will be allowed to park in designated parking for 30 minutes to enter into the building, pick up your permit, and bring it back to display on your vehicle before class. If you do not have time to get your permit prior to class you will need to pay the daily rate or risk the possibility of a citation from Preferred Parking.
Center City Visitor and Occasional Use Parking
There are a limited number of daily parking spots in Preferred Parking-owned lots nearby: Lot locations and daily fee rates. The fee must be deposited in an identically numbered slot at an honor box. These spaces are open to the public and utilized for special events; they may not always be available.
Center City Parking Enforcement
Parking enforcement at Center City is under the administration of Preferred Parking, Inc. Citation appeals or complaints are handled with Preferred Parking. PaTS will have no citation enforcement or appeals authority at Center City.
Public Transportation to Center City Campus
Center City is accessible via several CATS routes. The CATS website has a trip finder feature; enter the destination address for Center City, 320 E. Ninth Street. In addition, the Seventh Street station for the Lynx light rail is nearby. There are several free park-and-ride lots along the Blue Line that make light rail an economical option. Ten-ride passes are available at the PaTS Office for a 10% discount.
For questions, email email@example.com. Please put “CCB Parking” in the subject line so that we can best direct the question. You may also call Parking and Transportation Services at 704‑687‑0161.