Because Jerry Richardson Stadium is located on campus, the parking management strategy is designed to make the game-day experience enjoyable and safe for everyone. Parking on campus is at a premium for all football home games.
Parking & Traffic Changes
- All entrances to campus will be closed five hours prior to kickoff, except for two: the Main Entrance and east entrance off John Kirk Road.
- Game-day entrances will be opened four hours prior to kickoff only to Game Day permit holders at the designated entrance for their permit.
- On the day prior to a game day, signs will be placed in all football parking lots and parking decks (listed below) as notification that those lots and decks are to close and must be vacated prior to the closing deadline.
- Vehicles parked in lots/decks designated for football parking past the closing deadlines will towed at the owner’s expense. Tow fee is $75.
- Saturday games: All areas will close at midnight the night before the game.
- Weeknight games:
- The following areas will close at midnight the night before the game and not be available for general parking the day of the event: CRI 1,1A, 2, 2A, 3, 3A, Lots 7, 7A, 18, 19, 23, 23A, 25, 27 and Cone Decks 1 & 2 Visitor area (upper levels)
- The following areas will close at 12:30PM on game day and must be vacated at that time: Cone Decks 1 & 2 F/S area (lower levels), CRI Deck, West Deck, Union Deck.
|Cone Deck||Lot 7|
|CRI Deck||Lot 7A|
|Union Deck||Lot 18|
|West Deck||Lot 19|
|CRI 1||Lot 23|
|CRI 1A||Lot 23A|
|CRI 2||Lot 25|
|CRI 2A||Lot 27|
|CRI 3||Lot 29|
|CRI 3A||Lot 29A|
- Campus Operation Changes for Friday Oct. 2 Home Game
- UNC Charlotte Tailgating and Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Game Day Permits
- All parking for the game will require a specific Game Day parking permit.
- FSL holders will be provided with pre-printed Game Day parking permits. For questions concerning FSL Permits, please contact the Athletic Foundation at 704-687-4950.
- Single Game Day parking permits will be available online through Click and Park. Single Game Day permits are available for Union Deck (Yellow) for $17.70 per vehicle, West Deck (Purple) for $11.80 per vehicle, and CRI Deck (Orange) for $21.25 per vehicle. Note that grills are not allowed in parking decks. Single Game Day permits for tailgating (grills allowed) are available for Lot 25 (Silver) for $35 per vehicle and West Deck Rooftop (Purple) for $11.80 per vehicle.
- Cash parking will be available in Cone Deck (Pink) for $20 per vehicle.
- ADA Parking permits will be available through Click and Park for the CRI Deck. (Both an Orange CRI Deck ADA Game Day Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.)
- Employees and volunteers who are working the event will be provided a specific validation code by their supervisor to obtain a permit through Click and Park. Validation codes are game-specific and may be used only once.
- When a Game Day permit is obtained through Click and Park, directions to the proper entrance are given.
- All parking permits will be collected upon entrance to the parking area; there is no exit and reentry.
Student Tailgating and Parking
- Student tailgating will be in Silver Lot 25; space is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must go online to Click and Park the Tuesday prior to game day to obtain a student tailgating permit using their student ID number as a validation code.
- There is no charge for a student tailgating permit.
- When student tailgating permits are issued to capacity, students must park in North Deck, East Deck 2, East Deck 3 or South Village Deck using their UNC Charlotte student parking permit.
- Students who do not have a UNC Charlotte parking permit or student tailgating permit will be required to park in East 1 or South Village Deck Visitor parking and pay the associated Visitor fee.
- Students needing ADA Parking may obtain an Orange ADA permit for CRI Deck in lieu of the silver tailgating permit. (Only one permit will be issued per game; you can't have both). Both an Orange CRI ADA Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.
- "Picnic Tailgating" without vehicles will be permitted in the grassy area on the Rose Football Center side of the bridge that spans the path leading to the stadium (49er Way). Grills are not allowed in the picnic tailgating area.
- Phillips Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic with the exception of service vehicles with the appropriate access permit.
- Service permits are available on Click and Park with an authorization code provided by Parking and Transportation Services (upon request with proper justification).
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit who are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for Football Parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for Football Parking for home games. Reserved permits are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game Visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established Visitor rates will apply.
- Student Resident lots, with the exception of Lot 25, will not be affected by Football Parking.
- All vehicles parked in Lot 25 must be moved by midnight the night before a home game. Vehicles not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense (tow fee $75). Alternative parking is North Deck or any other R-designated lot or deck.
- Resident [R] permits will be required to park in any resident lot.
- Please tell any friends/relatives who plan to visit you on home game days that they will be required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck Visitors parking and pay the normal Visitor fee ($1/half hour – $10 max) unless they have a Game Day prepaid permit or park in the Cash Lot at Cone Deck.
Football Parking Designations
- Gold Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle
- Green Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle
- Black Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander Road
- Red Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at W.T. Harris and Alumni Way
- Blue Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at W.T. Harris and Alumni Way or University City Boulevard (Hwy. 49) and Cameron Boulevard*
- Silver Tailgating Lot: Enter campus at Mallard Creek Church Road and Mary Alexander Road
- Orange Lot – ADA Game Day parking and approved FSL Holders: Enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and J.W. Clay
- Yellow Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff: Enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander Road
- Purple Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff: Enter campus at W.T. Harris and Alumni Way or University City Boulevard (Hwy. 49) and Cameron Boulevard*
- Pink Lot – Cash parking for Game Day only: enter at University City Blvd (Hwy. 49) and Broadrick Boulevard
* Note: NCDOT has closed the left turn lane from University City (Hwy 49) N to Cameron until new stop lights and crossing signals are installed.