Because Jerry Richardson Stadium is located on campus, the parking management strategy is designed to make the game-day experience enjoyable and safe for everyone. Parking on campus is at a premium for all football home games.
Parking and traffic plan
- All entrances to campus will be closed five hours prior to kickoff, except for two: the Main Entrance and east entrance off John Kirk Road.
- Game-day entrances will be opened four hours prior to kickoff only to Game Day permit holders at the designated entrance for their permit.
- Phillips Road and Craver Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic with the exception of service vehicles with the appropriate access permit.
- On the day prior to a game day, signs will be placed in all football parking lots and parking decks (listed below) as notification that those lots and decks are to close and must be vacated prior to the closing deadline.
- Vehicles parked in lots/decks designated for football parking past the closing deadlines will towed at the owner's expense. Tow fee is $75.
- Saturday games: All areas will close at midnight the night before the game.
- Weeknight games:
- The following areas will close at midnight the night before the game and not be available for general parking the day of the event: CRI 1,1A, 2, 2A, 3, 3A, 4A, 5A, Lots 7, 7A, 18, 19, 23, 23A, 25, 27, 29, 29A, Cone Decks 1 & 2 Visitor area (upper levels)
- The following areas will close at 12:30 PM on game day and must be vacated at that time: Cone Decks 1 & 2 F/S area (lower levels), CRI Deck, West Deck, Union Deck.
|Lot 7||Lot 7A||Lot 18||Lot 19||Lot 23||Lot 23A|
|Lot 25*||Lot 27||Lot 29||Lot 29A||CRI 1||CRI 1A|
|CRI 2||CRI 2A||CRI 3||CRI 3A||CRI 4A||CRI 5A|
|Cone Deck||CRI Deck||Union Deck||West Deck|
|*Lot 25 is the only Resident parking area closed for football. Alternate parking is available in North Deck.|
Additional areas expected close beginning 2017 season. Football parking changes and updates will post by June 1, 20017.
Game Day Permits
- Single Game Day parking permits are available. Click here for all Single Game parking options.
- ADA Single Game Parking permits are available. Click here for all ADA Single Game parking options. Both an Orange CRI Deck permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.
- Permits must be printed; no screen shots or digital permits. All parking permits will be collected upon entrance to the parking area; there is no re-entry.
- When a Game Day permit is obtained through Click and Park, directions to the proper campus entrance will be provided with the permit.
- FSL holders may purchase pre-printed Game Day parking permits through Athletics. For questions concerning FSL Permits, please contact the Athletic Foundation at 704-687-4950.
- Employees and volunteers who are working the event will be provided a specific validation code by their supervisor to obtain a permit through Click and Park. Validation codes are game-specific and may be used only once.
ADA Shuttle to Stadium
- ADA shuttle will run multiple trips between Orange CRI Deck and the stadium.
- Shuttle stops at the Orange CRI Deck bus lane, accessible from Level 4 of Orange CRI Deck, and Gate 1 of the stadium.
- Shuttle runs from one hour before game time through game start, and from the third quarter of the game through one hour after game end.
- If you have a tailgating permit for a location other than Orange CRI Deck and need access to the ADA Shuttle, please let the attendant at your tailgating area know.
- If necessary, personal vehicles may drop off passengers with disabilities at the stadium before proceeding to the parking area
- For disability drop-off, enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle. Notify the police officer that you need to access the disability drop-off area for the stadium and the officer will direct you.
- There is no exit and re-entry permitted from parking areas, so please ensure that drop-off is completed before entering the parking area.
- When you are ready to pick up your passengers, exit your designated parking area as directed by traffic control officials and re-enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle to request access to the disability pick-up area.
- Alternately, consider use of the free ADA shuttle to the stadium. Details above.
Student Tailgating and Parking
- Student tailgating will be in Silver Lot 25; space is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students needing ADA Parking may obtain an ADA permit for Orange CRI Deck in lieu of the Silver Lot 25 permit. (Only one permit will be issued per game). Both an Orange CRI Deck Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.
- Students must go online to Click and Park the Tuesday prior to game day to obtain a student tailgating permit using their student ID number as a validation code.
- There is no charge for a student tailgating permit.
- When student tailgating permits are issued to capacity, students must park in North Deck, East Deck 2, East Deck 3 or South Village Deck using their UNC Charlotte student parking permit.
- Students who do not have a UNC Charlotte parking permit or student tailgating permit will be required to park in East 1 or South Village Deck Visitor parking and pay the associated Visitor fee.
- "Picnic Tailgating" without vehicles will be permitted in the grassy area on the Rose Football Center side of the bridge that spans the path leading to the stadium (49er Way).
- UNC Charlotte Tailgating and Alcoholic Beverages Policy
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit who are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for Football Parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for Football Parking for home games. Reserved permits are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established visitor rates will apply.
Game Day Campus Entrances
|Gold Lot 23||N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle|
|Green Lots CRI 1, 1A, 2, 2A, 3, 3A||N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle|
|Black Lots 18, 19||Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander Road|
|Red Lot 27||W.T. Harris and Alumni Way|
|Blue Lots 7, 7A||W.T. Harris and Alumni Way or University City Boulevard (Hwy. 49) and Cameron Boulevard*|
|Silver Lot 25||Mallard Creek Church Road and Mary Alexander Road|
|Orange CRI Deck||N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and J.W. Clay|
|Yellow Union Deck||Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander Road|
|Purple West Deck||W.T. Harris and Alumni Way or University City Boulevard (Hwy. 49) and Cameron Boulevard*|
|Pink (Cash) Cone Deck||University City Blvd (Hwy. 49) and Broadrick Boulevard|
|Non-Football Traffic||University City Blvd (Hwy. 49) and Broadrick Boulevard or John Kirk Drive|
|*NCDOT has closed the left turn lane from University City (Hwy 49) N to Cameron until new stop lights and crossing signals are installed.|
- Student Resident lots, with the exception of Lot 25, will not be affected by Football Parking.
- All vehicles parked in Lot 25 must be moved by midnight the night before a home game. Vehicles not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense (tow fee $75). Alternative parking is North Deck or any other R-designated lot or deck.
- Resident [R] permits will be required to park in any resident lot.
- Please tell any friends/relatives who plan to visit you on home game days that they will be required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck Visitors parking and pay the normal Visitor fee ($1/half hour – $10 max) unless they have a Game Day prepaid permit or park in the Cash Lot at Cone Deck.