Perimeter and cross-campus shuttle service runs Monday through Friday, stops all the places you need to go and it's free!
Real-time transit feed for campus shuttle buses and SafeRide evening safety transport. Access transit location, arrival estimate and schedules via:
- Website/mobile site
- Mobile App (Android and iOS)
- Text Messaging
PDF map of bike racks located around campus. (Thanks to Raymond G. Atkinson for providing this!)
Bicycle lockers are available:
- A current, valid UNC Charlotte ID is required in order to rent a locker.
- Lockers are supplied at no charge to current UNC Charlotte students, faculty and staff with a valid full-year UNC Charlotte parking permit.
- There is a $15 per semester (or $40 per year) charge to those not having a valid full-year UNC Charlotte parking permit.
- Bicycle lockers may be rented by the semester or the full academic year.
- Bicycle Locker Rental and Policy Form
- Bicycle locker locations:
- North Deck
- CRI Deck
- Lot 27
- South Village Deck
Zipcar U™ offers qualified drivers (ages 18+) vehicles to rent at a low hourly or daily rate. Price includes gas and insurance. Paying only for the time you actually use a car can save a bundle over ownership!
Discounted CATS bus passes are for sale at Parking Services. Campus served by routes #29 to Southpark and #11U N. Tryon to Uptown.
|10 Ride Local (Not valid on Lynx Blue Line)||$18.70|
|Local Weekly (Valid on Lynx Blue Line Sunday and Saturday)||$19.80|
|Local Monthly (Valid 1st through last of month, includes Lynx Blue Line)||$79.20|
Cash-only sale. For specific information on each pass type, please refer to the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) website.
Yellow Cab is the official taxi partner of UNC Charlotte. As part of this partnership, students, faculty, and staff receive 10% off any Yellow Cab trip for as long as they are affiliated with the University. Here’s how to take advantage of this special pricing:
- Download the Yellow Cab app YC Mobile in the App or Google Play store.
- Register a profile and a credit card.
- Enter promo code “UNCC15”.
- Anytime you ride, add the promo code to your trip on the confirmation screen and automatically save 10%!
This promo code will update every semester and will be emailed directly to you through campus channels.
Yellow Cab promises neat, clean, and polite service every time. Each digitally dispatched vehicle is equipped with GPS utilities, backseat credit card devices, and in-cab surveillance cameras.
Charlotte's Amtrak station is located at 1914 North Tryon St. CATS route 11 is the public transit bus that goes from campus to the Amtrak station. Amtrak offers a passenger discount program for students with advance sign-up for their Student Advantage Discount Card.
ShareTheRideNC is a fast, easy and free website where you can quickly and securely find carpool partners. Using your home and work addresses, you will be matched to nearby commuters with similar schedules. Your home address will never appear on match lists.
ShareTheRideNC also has an automated email feature, alerting you when a new commuter signs up who is interested in carpooling or when a vanpool is formed that matches your commute. By default, the system will search for matches every-other week and send an email when a new matches are found.