Daytime Disability Service
- Monday – Thursday, 7:30 AM to 8:45 PM (hours extended for 2016-17)
- Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:45 PM
- On-demand calls for registered riders are available by contacting the SafeRide Dispatcher at 704-687-5636.
SafeRide is also available to those who need assistance on a temporary basis (such as recent surgery, lower limb injuries, visual impairments or chronic diseases that impact stamina). This is arranged through the Office of Disability Services, Fretwell 230 (704-687-0040). After completion of the required form, Disability Services will verify and send email confirmation of eligibility (usually processed within 24 hours or less).
University personnel who plan to bring visitors with the need for SafeRide are strongly urged to contact Parking and Transportation Services' SafeRide line in advance to secure services: 704-687-5636.
SafeRide makes getting around campus after dark safer, faster and easier, providing reliable transportation throughout campus.
for 2016-17: Evening SafeRide augments and runs on campus Green and Red Line shuttle routes, greatly reducing run time.
- Seven days a week, 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM, open to everyone
- Green Line Route Map (small); Green Line Route Map (large)
- Red Line Route Map (small); Red Line Route Map (large)
- Evening SafeRide vans will run modified routes to Greek Village, Library Lane, Student Activity Center, and Whiterspoon/Maple area Monday-Friday starting at 9:00 pm, and Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 pm -2:00 am on weekends.
Want to know when the next SafeRide van will arrive? Download the UNCCNextRide app for real-time GPS tracking information or text your stop to receive an expected arrival time. More about NextRide