Visitors to UNC Charlotte have the following parking options:
Visitor Parking Decks - Pay When You Leave
There are five visitors decks on campus: Cone Visitor Deck, Union Visitor Deck, Visitor parking at East Deck 1, Visitor parking at South Village Deck (Level 1 Only), and Visitor parking at CRI Deck 1.
Visitor Parking Deck Fees
||Per half hour
||Max per visit
|* All rates subject to change
- Visitors decks accept validated tickets at exit verifiers or cash and credit card payments at pay-on-foot stations.
How Visitor Deck pay-on-foot stations work
- When a visitor enters the deck, the system will release a timed ticket for them to take. Visitors can either pay for their own parking as they leave, or a department can supply them with validated parking.
- Visitors pay at pay-on-foot stations prior to returning to their vehicle. Pay on foot stations are located in each visitor deck: Cone Visitor Deck top level, Union Visitor Deck on levels 4 and 6, East Deck 1 on level 1, South Village Deck on level 3, and CRI Deck 1 on levels 1 and 4.
- To exit, visitors will put the validated ticket into an exit verifier to open the gate.
- Pay-on-foot stations do not accept tokens.
Visitors paying for their own parking
- Payment made at the pay station when returning to their vehicle.
- Pay station will accept cash (no coins) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express)
- The pay station will credit their ticket and give them 10 minutes to return to their vehicle and proceed to the exit lane.
- When in the exit lane, they will insert their ticket into the exit verifier and the gate will rise.
Department is paying for the visitor’s parking
- Department gives the visitor a validated ticket
- Visitor does not need to go to the Pay Station; they may proceed directly to their vehicle and place the validated ticket in the exit verifier
The number of visitors will be controlled by counting equipment. This control will enable Parking and Transportation Services to leave adequate parking for Faculty and Staff entering the deck.
Metered and Pay-by-Space Parking - Pay When You Enter
For short visits, there is metered parking in many areas all around campus. Metered parking is limited and fills quickly. Meters with restricted time limits are marked inside, under the timer. Meters accept nickels, dimes, and quarters only.
Pay-by-space parking is available in Lot 4, Lot 30 (time limited), and Lot 28 (ADA only). Pay-by-space stations accept coins (nickels, dimes, quarters, and $1 coins) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express).
How Pay-by-Space stations work
- When a visitor enters, they note the stall number on the sign at the front of the parking space.
- The visitor immediately proceeds to the pay station and follows the instructions on the screen, entering their stall number and inserting payment when prompted.
- The visitor receives a receipt slip showing the exipry time of the stall. The visitor must move their vehicle prior to this time, or return to the pay station to pay for more time.
|* All rates subject to change
- Metered and pay-by-space parking areas are enforced at all times.
- Vehicles with valid permits have to pay if parked at meters or in pay-by-space areas.
- It is the operator's responsibility to know the time limit on the meters. The time limit varies for meters from one location to another but limits are posted on the meter, under the timer or on the sign at the front of the space in pay-by-space areas.
- Do not park at meters reading "OUT OF ORDER." Notify Parking Services for malfunctioning meters.
Parking for Visitors with Disabilities
ADA Visitor parking is provided here:
Lot 28 (pay-by-space)
Lot 30 (time limited pay-by-space)
East Deck 1
South Village Deck