Visitors to UNC Charlotte have the following parking options:
- Metered parking areas are effective between the hours of 8:00 AM - 9:30 PM, Monday - Thursday, and 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Friday, except University holidays.
- Vehicles with valid permits have to pay if parked at meters.
- It is the operator's responsibility to know the time limit on the meters. The time limit varies for meters from one location to another but limits are posted on the meter, under the timer.
- Do not park at meters reading "OUT OF ORDER." Notify Parking Services for malfunctioning meters.
||Time per coin
||15 mins (at meters with 30 min. max time)
Visitor Parking Decks
There are four visitors decks on campus: Cone Visitor Deck, Union Visitor Deck, Visitor Deck at East Deck 1 and Visitor parking at CRI Deck 1.
- Cone and Union Visitor decks take tokens, cash and credit cards
- East 1 and CRI 1 Visitors decks take validated tickets or cash or credit card payments at pay-on-foot stations
- Visitor parking decks map
How East Deck i and CRI Deck I Visitor pay-on-foot stations work
- When a visitor enters, the system will release a timed ticket for them to take. Visitors can either pay for their own parking as they leave, or a department can supply them with validated parking.
- East Deck 1 has a pay-foot-station near the entrance to level 1. CRI Deck 1 has two “Pay-on-foot” stations, located on levels 1 and 4.
- To exit, visitors will put the validated ticket into an exit verifier to open the gate.
- Pay-on-foot stations do not accept tokens.
Visitors paying for their own parking
- Payment made at the pay station when returning to their vehicle.
- Pay station will accept cash (no coins) and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard and American Express)
- The pay station will credit their ticket and give them 10 minutes to return to their vehicle and proceed to the exit lane.
- When in the exit lane, they will insert their ticket in to the “exit verifier” and the gate will rise.
Department is paying for the visitor’s parking
- Department gives the visitor a validated ticket
- Visitor does not need to go to the Pay Station; they may proceed directly to their vehicle and place the ticket in the “exit verifier”
The number of visitors will be controlled by counting equipment. This control will enable Parking and Transportation Services to leave adequate parking for Faculty and Staff entering the deck.
For short visits, there is metered parking in many areas all around campus but metered parking is limited and fills quickly. Meters with restricted time limits are marked inside, under the timer.
Temporary parking permits are available for $5 per day. To purchase a temporary permit, go to the Parking and Transportation Services office, #23 on campus map. You may park in front of the building for the short time it will take to procure the temporary permit. You will need:
- Your driver's license number
- The make and model of your vehicle
- The tag number of your vehicle
Visitor Parking Deck Fees
||Per half hour
||Max per visit
|* All rates subject to change