NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Parking FAQs
Faculty, Staff and Students
Where can I park on game day even if I am not going to the game?
Parking policies in effect for Sunday, March 24, 2019:
- West Deck, Cone Deck Visitor Level and Lot 7 will be open for event attendees ONLY from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees will be required to pay $10 or present a prepaid pass to enter these areas.
- If you have a University-issued parking permit, you may park in any deck or lot on campus except West Deck, Cone Deck Visitor Level and Lot 7 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Union Deck will be available for students, faculty and staff at no additional charge: All students, faculty and staff who have a valid University-issued parking permit may park in Union Deck. Visitors and event attendees must have a prepaid event parking pass or pay the $10 event fee to enter from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cone Deck will be available for students, faculty and staff at no additional charge: Students, faculty and staff who have a valid University-issued parking permit may park in Cone Deck. NOTE: Students, faculty and staff accessing Cone Deck MUST enter/exit on the Cone Center side of the deck. The Lot 7 side of the deck will remain closed.
- Prior to 11 a.m., all decks and lots will be open via normal weekend permissions. After 11 a.m., campus decks and lots will remain in normal weekend permissions except for the restrictions at Union Deck, West Deck, Cone Deck and Lot 7 stated above.
- The Parking Availability website provides deck capacity information in real time.
Will I need to pay an additional fee to park on campus?
Students, faculty and staff with University-issued parking permits will NOT have to pay an additional fee to park on campus. However, you will not be able to park in West Deck, Cone Visitor Level or Lot 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m..
I park in ADA parking in one of the closed lots/decks, how will I be accommodated?
If you park in either of the affected areas, you can use ADA parking in Lot 28, Lot 16A, North Deck or East Deck 2 and schedule transportation with Niner Paratransit.
I am a resident student. Do I need to move my car?
If you are a student with a UNC Charlotte permit assigned to a residential lot, you do not have to move your car.
Will Niner Transit service run as usual?
Niner Transit Green and Silver routes will run on regular weekend schedule, 9 a.m. - 2 a.m. However, it's expected that the NCAA event may create delays due to traffic from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Please monitor NextRide or follow on Twitter @UNCCNextRide for the most up-to-date information.
Should I take the light rail to campus on the days of the game?
Light rail is a good way to avoid traffic and parking congestion on game days. Students, faculty and staff with a CATS All-Access Transit Pass ride fare free. Those who do not have an all-access pass may purchase a round trip ticket through the CATS mobile app or at a kiosk at any station. Standard CATS rates apply. Niner Transit will serve the station. The closest stop to Halton Arena is in front of the Student Union.
Will the light rail be operating normally?
The light rail is expected to operate normally. Stay up to date on any delays or changes on Twitter.
Why are you closing West Deck, Cone Deck Visitor Level and Lot 7 for students, faculty and staff?
The University has decided to provide parking in support of the NCAA event. Therefore, due to estimated event attendance, PaTS was sent a request to reserve these locations for event attendees.
Can I still use the SAC Gym during the tournament?
Yes. Those who wish to use the SAC Fitness Center will need to use the ATAC entrance of the SAC. Participants may be asked to go through additional security. Starting Tuesday, March 19 and continuing throughout the week, group fitness classes originally scheduled to take place in the SAC will be either moved or canceled. Visit urec.uncc.edu for more details.
Will the dining hours remain the same?
Yes, regular dining hours are in effect on both game days.
Can I get tickets to the game?
If available, tickets may be purchased here.
Will there be increased security measures and/or police presence on campus?
Police and Public Safety will have an increased presence, similar to that of a typical on-campus sporting event.
I was late to class due to the increased traffic on campus. Will my tardiness/absence be excused?
Excusing absences and tardiness is always at the discretion of faculty members. Students should speak directly with their instructors about any problems they may encounter; however, they are also encouraged to heed campus notifications about special event traffic and to allow themselves plenty of extra travel time to arrive to their classes as scheduled.
May I work from home on the days UNC Charlotte is hosting the tournament?
Managers and supervisors may direct or allow employees to telework as long as the employees have access to University-approved or authorized computing equipment and there is valid work to be performed. Click here to read the University's policy on teleworking.