Game Day Parking Information
For six Saturdays, beginning August 31, thousands of football fans will be attending the Charlotte 49ers Football Inaugural Season in Jerry Richardson Stadium. Because the stadium is located on campus, parking will be a challenge. It took a collaborative effort with Athletics, Parking and Transportation Services, Business Services, Police and Public Safety, Game Day consultants, and a host of other officials and representatives from many campus units to develop a feasible traffic and parking management strategy. The overarching goal was to ensure that home game Saturdays would be enjoyable and safe for everyone. But it's going to take some getting used to, especially this first year.
Here's what you can expect:
Parking on campus will be at a premium for all six football home games (August 31, September 7, September 14, October 5, October 12, November 9)
- All entrances to campus will be closed five hours prior to kickoff, at 7:00 am, except for two: the Main Entrance and east entrance off John Kirk Road.
- Game-day entrances will be opened four hours prior to kickoff only to Game Day permit holders at the designated entrance for their permit.
- On the Friday prior to game day, signs will be placed in all tailgating lots and parking decks as notification that those lots and decks are closed and must be vacated.
- Vehicles parked in lots/decks designated for Football parking after midnight on Friday will be towed at the owner’s expense. Tow fee is $75.00
ALL parking for the game will require a specific Game Day parking permit
- FSL holders will be provided with pre-printed Game Day parking permits. For questions concerning FSL Permits, please contact the Athletics foundation.
- Single Game Day permits will be available online for Union Deck (Yellow) or West Deck (Purple) through Click and Park at $15 per vehicle. Three hundred spaces in CRI Deck I (Orange Football Parking, closest deck to Jerry Richardson Stadium) will be made available through Click and Park for the October 5, October 12 and November 9 games. Price is $20.
- Cash parking will be available in Cone Deck (Pink) for $20 per vehicle.
- ADA Parking permits will be available through Click and Park for the CRI Deck. (Both an Orange CRI Deck ADA Game Day Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.)
- Employees and volunteers who are working the event will be provided a specific validation code by their supervisor to obtain a permit through Click and Park. Validation codes are game-specific and may be used only once.
- When a Game Day permit is obtained through Click and Park, directions to the proper entrance are given.
- All parking permits will be collected upon entrance to the parking area; there is no exit and reentry.
Student Tailgating and Parking
- Student tailgating will be in Lots 5, 5A, and 6; space is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students must go online to Click and Park, the Tuesday prior to game day, to obtain a student tailgating permit using their student ID number as a validation code.
- There is no charge for a student tailgating permit.
- When student tailgating permits are issued to capacity, students must park in East Deck 2, East Deck 3 or South Village Deck using their UNCC student parking permit.
- Students who do not have a UNCC parking permit will be required to park in East 1 Visitor Deck or South Village Deck and pay the associated Visitor fee.
- Students needing ADA Parking may obtain an Orange ADA permit for CRI Deck in lieu of the white tailgating permit. (Only one permit will be issued per game; you can't have both). Both an Orange CRI ADA Permit and a State Issued Disability Placard must be presented for admittance.
Phillips Road will be closed to all vehicular traffic, with the exception of service vehicles with the appropriate access permit.
- Service permits are available on Click and Park with an authorization code provided by Parking and Transportation Services (upon request with proper justification).
Non-football parking information
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit who are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for football parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for football parking for home games. Reserved permits are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game Visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established Visitor rates will apply.
Additional information for Resident students
- Student Resident lots, with the exception of Lot 25, will not be affected by football.
- All vehicles parked in Lot 25 must be moved by midnight, the Friday before a Saturday home game. Vehicles not moved will be towed at the owner’s expense. Alternative parking is North Deck or any other R-designated lot or deck.
- Resident (R) permits will be required to park in any resident lot.
- Please tell any friends/relatives who plan to visit you on home game Saturdays, that they will be required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck Visitors parking and pay the normal Visitor fee ($1/half hour - $10 max) unless they have a Game Day prepaid permit or park in the Cash Lot at Cone Center.
Football Parking Designations:
- Gold Tailgating Lot; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and Snyder
- Green Tailgating Lot; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and Snyder
- Black Tailgating Lot; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Red Tailgating Lot; enter campus at WT Harris and Toby Creek
- Blue Tailgating Lot; enter campus at WT Harris and Toby Creek or University City Blvd (49) and Cameron
- Silver Tailgating Lot; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Orange Lot - ADA Game Day parking and approved FSL Holders; enter campus at N Tryon (29) and JW Clay
- Yellow Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff; enter campus at Mallard Creek Church and Mary Alexander
- Purple Lot – Single Game Day tickets purchased online and Staff; enter campus at WT Harris and Toby Creek or University City Blvd (49) and Cameron
- Pink Lot – Cash parking for Game Day only; enter at University City Blvd (49) and Broadrick
- White Lots for student tailgating; enter Campus at John Kirk and Van Landingham
UNC Charlotte Tailgating and Alcoholic Beverages Policy
Getting to the game via Charlotte Area Transit