(click image to enlarge)
CATS All-Transit Pass
Members of the UNC Charlotte campus community are eligible to purchase a CATS all-access transit pass, which includes unlimited use of light rail. Below is additional information about the pass and how to purchase.
Getting a Pass - Students
Your CATS all-access transit pass is included in your Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge (MTSC). You do not need to take any additional action. This applies to most enrolled students at UNC Charlotte, excluding those who do not pay the MTSC. Examples of those who may not pay the MTSC include distance-learning students or students enrolled in co-op programs. These individuals are still eligible to purchase passes. More information is below.
Allow up to 72 hours from time of purchase for transit pass to become active
- Permanent Faculty and Staff: Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase via payroll deduction or credit card through your MyPark account, the same system through which you may have purchased your parking permit. Purchases made via payroll deduction will be post-tax. Please note: If you are enrolled in classes through the tuition waiver program, you will still need to purchase a CATS all-access transit pass.
- Temporary Employees: Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase by credit card through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office to enroll in payroll deduction. Please note: Purchases made via payroll deduct will be post-tax and can only take place in the PaTS office. A form from Human Resources stating your work assignment will be required for payroll deduction. If you are enrolled in classes, you may have paid the MTSC through your tuition and fees bill, which covers your CATS all-access transit pass. If you are unsure if you have paid the MTSC, please check your most recent tuition and fees statement via Banner Self Service.
- Faculty Emeriti: Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase online through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office.
- Students Who Do Not Pay Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge: A semester pass is $25. You may make your purchase by credit card through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office. If you are unsure if you have paid the Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge, please check your most recent tuition and fees statement via Banner Self Service.
- Business Affiliates/Campus Partners (not including CRI Business Partners): Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase by visiting the PaTS Office and paying by check or credit card. You will need your University sponsor to complete a form before you can purchase a CATS all-access transit pass. Your sponsor should email email@example.com to request the form electronically.
- CRI Business Partners: Please contact Gail Keene at 704-687-8286 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a pass.
Your CATS all-access transit pass includes unlimited, fare-free rides on the CATS LYNX light rail, streetcar, Special Transportation Service (STS)*, local and express bus routes.
Your 49er ID card will serve as your ticket for all transportation methods. Just show and go on the train and tap and go on the bus. It may take up to 72 hours for passes to become active on newly issued or reissued 49er ID cards.
New passes for the 2018-19 academic year become active Aug. 15, 2018.
The all-access pass is not available to family members, alumni or retirees (other than faculty emeriti as noted above). Individual light rail tickets may be purchased via the CATS mobile app or at a ticket vending machine located at train stations. For information on purchasing bus passes, click here.
More information about light rail's arrival on campus is available at lightrail.uncc.edu.
- Contact the PaTS Communication Center at 704-687-0161 or email@example.com.
* CATS Special Transportation Service (STS) provides door-to-door transit services within Charlotte's city limits and the towns of Matthews and Pineville for individuals with disabilities certified as eligible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). STS service requires user registration and CATS approval before being eligible to ride. This process takes 30 days on average to complete.