CATS All-access Transit Pass (light rail and bus)
Members of the UNC Charlotte campus community are eligible to purchase a CATS All-Access Transit Pass, which includes unlimited use of the CATS LYNX light rail, streetcar, Special Transportation Service,* local and express CATS buses. Most students have the CATS All-Access Transit Pass automatically included in their student fees. Others may purchase a pass.
- Your 49er ID card serves as your ticket for all transportation methods. Just show and go on the train and tap and go on the bus. It may take up to five business days for passes to become active on newly issued or reissued 49er ID cards.
- The light rail schedule and bus schedules are available on the CATS website. Niner Transit routes connect to the UNCC Main Station.
- Passes for the 2020-21 academic year become active Aug. 15, 2020.
- The all-access pass is not available to family members, alumni or retirees (other than faculty emeriti). You can purchase single light rail tickets via the CATS mobile app or at a ticket vending machine located at train stations. Bus passes are sold at specific locations.
- Per Section 5-5 of the Campus Transportation Policies, no refunds are issued for faculty/staff transit passes. A refund will be given to a student if they have paid their Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge and cancel enrollment before the posted deadline or withdraw with extenuating circumstances as indicated in the applicable Academic Policies and Procedures.
Parking at LYNX stations
There are 11 Park and Ride stations along the Blue Line, with four on the extension. While parking is free at most Park and Ride stations, CATS charges a fee to exit the decks at the J.W. Clay/UNC Charlotte and University City Boulevard stations unless riders have a valid CATS daily, weekly or monthly pass. Riders without a CATS daily, weekly or monthly pass will be required to pay to exit the parking decks. Your pass does not include parking fees incurred at a CATS facility.
Getting a Pass
A semester pass is $25. You may purchase with a credit card through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office.
Examples of those who may not pay the MTSC include distance-learning students or students enrolled in co-op programs. If you are unsure if you have paid the Miscellaneous Transportation Service Charge, please check your most recent tuition and fees statement via Banner Self Service.
Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase via payroll deduction or credit card through your MyPark account. Purchases made via payroll deduction will be pre-tax.
Please note: If you are enrolled in classes through the tuition waiver program, you will still need to purchase a CATS all-access transit pass.
Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase by credit card through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office to enroll in payroll deduction. Please note: Purchases made via payroll deduct will be pre-tax and can only take place in the PaTS office. A form from Human Resources stating your work assignment will be required for payroll deduction.
If you are enrolled in classes, you may have paid the MTSC through your tuition and fees bill, which covers your CATS all-access transit pass. If you are unsure if you have paid the MTSC, please check your most recent tuition and fees statement via Banner Self Service.
Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. You may make your purchase online through MyPark or by visiting the PaTS office.
Annual passes are available for $75 or you may purchase a semester pass for $50. Sponsored guests eligible to purchase a light rail pass will be able to purchase through mypark.uncc.edu.
Contact the PaTS Communication Center at 704-687-0161 or email@example.com.
* CATS Special Transportation Service (STS) provides door-to-door transit services within Charlotte's city limits and the towns of Matthews and Pineville for individuals with disabilities certified as eligible according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). STS service requires user registration and CATS approval before being eligible to ride. This process takes 30 days on average to complete.