UPDATED (3/23 at 9:36 a.m.)
UNC Charlotte will host the second round of the NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament on behalf of the University of South Carolina this Sunday, March 24, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. In order to accommodate the event, campus parking policies will change for Sunday as follows:
- West Deck, Cone Deck Visitor Level and Lot 7 will be open for event attendees ONLY from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees will be required to pay $10 or present a prepaid pass to enter these areas.
- If you have a University-issued parking permit, you may park in any deck or lot on campusexcept West Deck, Cone Deck Visitor Level and Lot 7 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Union Deck will be available for students, faculty and staff at no additional charge: All students, faculty and staff who have a valid University-issued parking permit may park in Union Deck. Visitors and event attendees must have a prepaid event parking pass or pay the $10 event fee to enter from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cone Deck will be available for students, faculty and staff at no additional charge: Students, faculty and staff who have a valid University-issued parking permit may park in Cone Deck. NOTE: Students, faculty and staff accessing Cone Deck MUST enter/exit on the Cone Center side of the deck. The Lot 7 side of the deck will remain closed.
- Prior to 11 a.m., all decks and lots will be open via normal weekend permissions. After 11 a.m., campus decks and lots will remain in normal weekend permissions except for the restrictions at Union Deck, West Deck, Cone Deck and Lot 7 stated above.
Niner Transit on Regular Schedule
Niner Transit Green and Silver routes will run on regular weekend schedule, 9 a.m. - 2 a.m. However, it's expected that the NCAA event may create delays due to traffic from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. Please monitor NextRide or follow on Twitter @UNCCNextRide for the most up-to-date information.
Parking and transportation services will return to normal operations on Monday, March 25.