- Parking is at a premium for all football home games.
- All campus entrances close four hours prior to kickoff, except for the main entrance off University City Boulevard and east entrance off John Kirk Road. Phillips Road will be closed to all but emergency and service vehicles.
- Game day entrances open to game day permit holders four (4) hours prior to kickoff at the designated entrance for their permit.
- Vehicles parked in football parking after midnight before a game day will be towed at the owner’s expense. Towing begins at 5 a.m.
- Single-game day permits available online for Union Deck, West Deck, North Deck, CRI Deck, Lot 11A/21 and Lot 25
- Cash parking in Cone Deck (Pink), $20 per vehicle.
- Parking permits will be scanned or collected upon entry to the parking area; re-entry is not permitted.
All Niner Transit routes suspend regular service and change to football shuttle two hours prior to kick-off and up to an hour after the game ends.
- Football shuttles appear as black icons on the UNCCNextRide app.
- Shuttles are also available for use by those not attending game activities.
- JW Clay station is closest to the stadium. CATS provides other Park and Ride locations where you can catch the light rail to campus.
- Niner Transit football shuttle picks up at UNCC Main Station and drops off at the stadium gate. The football shuttle begins two hours before kick-off and ends one hour after the game ends.
- Students who plan to tailgate with a vehicle must obtain a student tailgating parking permit for Lot 26.
- Obtain a permit at Parkmobile prior to game day (available the Monday before). Use your student ID number as a validation code. There is no charge for a student tailgating permit.
- Use the entrance at John Kirk and Cameron.
- The tailgating lot will open four hours prior to kick-off.
- There are a limited number of permits available to park in North Deck for access to student tailgates taking place in Lot 26. Use Parkmobile to obtain those passes at no charge.
- When student tailgating permits are issued to capacity, students must use their UNC Charlotte virtual parking permit to access East Deck 2, East Deck 3 or South Village Deck.
- Picnic tailgating is permitted in West Quad (between Cone Center and SAC) and Star Quad (between Atkins Library and CHHS).
- Charcoal grilling is permitted.
- A limited number of student parking permits are available for parking in Cone Deck, West Deck and Union Deck to accommodate picnic tailgaters, available from Parkmobile at no charge.
Students who need an ADA parking permit may obtain an Orange ADA permit for CRI Deck in lieu of the Silver tailgating permit. Only one permit will be issued per game. Both an Orange CRI Deck ADA permit and a state-issued disability placard must be presented for admittance.
- Non-tailgating students may purchase a parking permit for West Deck (purple game day parking) or Union Deck (yellow game day parking). These permits are limited in quantity and available through Parkmobile or you may park in the cash lot at Cone Deck for $20.
- Those with Commuter permits may park in East Decks 2 and 3. (Commuter permits are not valid in other areas on game days)
- Resident permits are valid only in blue R Lots 13, 16, 20, 21, 8, 8A and South Village Deck, and in Orange Lot 6.
- Students who do not have a UNCC parking permit are required to park in East 1 Visitor Deck or South Village Deck and pay the associated Visitor fee.
- Lot 25 (on Cameron Blvd., across from Wallis Hall) is designated for football parking. Therefore, campus residents parked in Lot 25 must move their vehicles by 5 a.m. the evening before a home game, or risk being towed to Lot 6; tow fee is $85. Please park your vehicle in North Deck or another R (blue) lot.
- No other R lots/decks are affected by football parking.
Friends or relatives planning to visit you Saturday are required to park in East Deck 1 or South Village Deck visitor parking and pay the normal visitor fee ($5 first hour, $2 each additional hour, $15 maximum per visit) unless they have a prepaid game-day permit or park in the cash lot at Cone Deck. Please advise them where to park.
Non-football parking information
- East Deck 2, East Deck 3, and South Village Deck will be open to those with a valid UNC Charlotte parking permit but are not attending the football game.
- Faculty/Staff, Commuter or Resident permits will not be valid in any parking decks or lots designated for football parking.
- Faculty/Staff reserved spaces in game day lots will be used for football parking for home games. Reserved spaces are not valid in football-designated lots on home game days.
- For those with UNC Charlotte Parking Permits:
- Commuter Permits will be valid only in East Decks 2 and 3.
- Resident Permits will be valid only in blue R Lots 13, 16, 20, 8, 8A, and South Village Deck and in orange Lot 6.
- North Deck will only allow access to those with North Deck football permits; gates will not open for R permits during tailgating hours. Lots 25 and 21 are reserved for tailgating.
- East Deck 1 and South Village Deck will be the non-game Visitor parking area. Gates will be down and established Visitor rates will apply.
- Non-event parking for visitors is limited to East Deck 1 and South Village Deck. Gates will be down and visitors must pay the fee of $5 first hour, $2 each additional hour, $15 maximum per visit.
ADA parking and disability shuttle information
- ADA parking permits are available for CRI Deck. Both an Orange CRI ADA game day permit and a state-issued disability placard must be presented for admittance.
- ADA shuttle will run multiple trips between Orange CRI Deck and the stadium.
- Shuttle stops at the Orange CRI Deck bus lane, accessible from Level 4 of Orange CRI Deck, and Gate 1 of the stadium.
- Shuttle runs from one hour before game time through game start, and from the third quarter of the game through one hour after game end.
- If you have a tailgating permit for a location other than Orange CRI Deck and need access to the ADA Shuttle, please let the attendant at your tailgating area know.
- If necessary, personal vehicles may drop off passengers with disabilities at the stadium before proceeding to the parking area
- For disability drop-off, enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle. Notify the police officer that you need to access the disability drop-off area for the stadium and the officer will direct you.
- There is no exit and re-entry permitted from parking areas, so please ensure that drop-off is completed before entering the parking area.
- When you are ready to pick up your passengers, exit your designated parking area as directed by traffic control officials and re-enter campus at N. Tryon (Hwy. 29) and Institute Circle to request access to the disability pick-up area.
- Alternately, consider use of the free ADA shuttle to the stadium. Details above.