Parking and Transportation Services has launched a new pilot program to accept advertising on Niner Transit buses. Affiliated University organizations are eligible to submit advertisements that meet the content and size criteria described in the policy below. To reserve advertising space, you'll need to have your artwork available as an electronic file (.jpeg, .png or .pdf), a fund and account code for your department or a check from your organization at the time of your request. Once you have read the pilot program policies below, fill out this request form to initiate a review of your advertisement. A Parking and Transportation Services (PaTS) representative will contact you via email to complete your request and process payment. Once your space is reserved, you can deliver your printed advertisement to the PaTS main counter.
- Review the program policies below.
- Check the calendar to view the dates that are currently available to run your ad. Complete the online advertising request form. This will initiate the process.
- Once your request is reviewed and ad content is approved, a PaTS representative will contact you via email to complete your request and provide/confirm payment information.
- Once you’ve paid for your space, your space is reserved.
- Have your ads printed and delivered to the PaTS main counter.
Affiliated university organizations are eligible to submit advertisement applications.
- Affiliated organizations are university departments and organizations that have accounts recognized by the University’s Banner Financial System, or registered student organizations that are listed with the Office of Student Organizations.
- An affiliated organization may post ads for two‐week or four‐week periods.
- The dimensions of all ads must be exactly 11” high by 17” wide.
- A maximum number of two (2) ads per bus may be posted at any given time; with twelve (12) buses, the maximum number of ads that may be posted is twenty‐four (24).
- All ads must be in landscape orientation.
- All ads must be printed on a heavy cardstock.
- Ads may not be laminated.
- REPROS, the University's on‐campus document service center, is available to print your ads according to Niner Transit advertising standards.
Payment must be made via internal fund transfer for departments or by check for student organizations. Student organizations must provide a check with their organization's logo made out to "Parking and Transportation Services" before the advertisement can be placed. Departmental fund and account numbers must be provided as part of the online request form submission.
Payment information is due at the time the customer requests a space reservation. Student organizations will be prompted to deliver their check once they have received approval. The advertising process will not continue until the check has been received. Department accounts will be charged the week their ads are placed. Cancellations must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday before the Wednesday advertisement drop‐off deadline to receive a refund. Any cancellation after this time results in the forfeiture of the right to a refund.
A. Dimensions & Composition
Advertisements must be exactly 11 inches high and 17 inches wide (tabloid) and in landscape view (including any other material that extends past the advertisement composition).
Advertisers must ensure that all text, data and information submitted for display as advertising content is true, accurate, complete and that any use and display of the advertising content does not:
- infringe or violate any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of a third party, including any right of privacy or publicity;
- violate any federal, state or local laws or regulations or foreign laws;
- contain material that is pornographic, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, misleading, threatening, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable at the sole opinion of the University;
- condone or participate in any activities designed to harm minors in any way;
- condone or participate in activities designed to impersonate the identity of a third party; or
- be likely to result in any consumer fraud, product liability, tort, breach of contract, injury, damage or harm of any kind to any person or entity.
The University will reject any proposed advertising for weapons, tobacco products, or alcohol (including, but not limited to, beer, wine or spirituous liquor). The University reserves the right to reject advertising that markets products or services that might compete with University‐sponsored activities, including student housing and dining, bookstore, auxiliary services, etc.
Advertisements that contain the University’s logos or trademarks without the written permission of the Office of Trademark and Licensing will not be accepted. Requests for use of the University’s logos or trademarks may be made at https://aux.uncc.edu/directory‐faqs/licensing. If the University grants written consent to use its name and/or trademarks for advertising, endorsement, or promotion, the University has the right to reject any such use proposed by the advertiser which in the University’s sole discretion violates the University’s standards of advertising or is inconsistent with the University’s role and reputation as a public institution of higher education.
In cases of doubt, the material to be posted will be submitted to the Director of Parking and Transportation Services or their designee who will make the final determination regarding acceptability.
If advertisements do not meet the size, composition, and content requirements, PATS will contact the advertiser and request that they retrieve the advertisement to make appropriate corrections. Only once these corrections have been made will the advertisements be posted in the buses. The advertiser will be given until noon on the Thursday before the insert date to bring corrected advertisements to Parking and Transportation Services. If the advertisements are not delivered by the deadline, the reservation will be forfeited and will be assigned to another advertiser.
- Advertising space will be reserved on a first‐come, first‐served basis. Only one (1) space may be reserved per advertising timeslot.
- Obtain advertisement approval from Parking and Transportation Services prior to printing advertisements. Only fully approved advertisements will be posted. (See Guidelines above.)
- Allow three (3) business days for approval.
- Deliver advertisements after obtaining approval from Parking and Transportation Services, who will then post two (2) advertisements in each bus (for twenty four (24) ads).
- Advertisements must be turned in no later than 2:00 P.M. on the Wednesday before the advertising period.
- Advertisements are to be dropped off at the Parking and Transportation Services main counter (Parking Services office).
- Any advertisements not received by the deadline will not be posted the first reserved week of advertising and instead must wait until the following week (or next available week) to post advertisements. It will be considered a no‐show. Two (2) no‐shows over the course of one (1) year result in the forfeiture of the opportunity to advertise for one (1) year. Refunds will not be issued for missed postings.
- Advertising weeks run Sunday through Saturday with the first day being a Monday and the last day being a Friday.
- Due to bus rotation on routes, Parking and Transportation Services is unable to accept requests to advertise on certain routes only.
- Parking and Transportation Services will make a best faith effort to post and properly secure advertisements in all buses, on‐time. However, due to the operational nature of our campus transit program, there may be an occasion where ads do not get posted in every bus due to fleet rotation for maintenance, cleaning, etc. Parking and Transportation Services will not be responsible for any damaged or missing ads during the posted period. If posting date is not met by Parking and Transportation Services, the customer will be notified.
- Parking and Transportation Services will not be able to accommodate specific interior placement requests, but will make a good faith effort to distribute them equally throughout the buses.
- Advertisements dropped off without reservation will not be posted in the Niner Transit buses. The organization will be given five (5) business days to pick‐up the advertisements. Once the five (5) business day timeline has elapsed, Parking and Transportation Services will dispose of the advertisements.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
If you would like to repost a previous advertisement, follow these instructions:
- A new advertising application is needed for each advertising reservation. Please remember that spaces may not be reserved more than two (2) months ahead of time.
- Parking and Transportation Services is not responsible for lost or damaged advertisements when posting, and previously used ads will not be returned, stored or managed by PATS.
- Advertisers must provide new ads each time they want to repost. Advertisers must adhere to standard drop‐off deadlines.
Internal Department or Organization: 11" x 17" Advertisement
Two (2) consecutive weeks: $50.00 (2 ads in 12 buses = 24 total ads)*
Four (4) consecutive weeks: $70.00 (2 ads in 12 buses = 24 total ads)*
* Registered Student Organizations receive 50% off above rates.
All pricing above does not include any printing charges which are incurred by requesting organization.
Please check the calendar below to make sure that the time frame(s) you wish to advertise are available.