Charter bus information
Groups that need to travel within a 20-mile radius of the UNC Charlotte main campus should book a transit charter three (3) to six (6) months in advance. Reservations will be accepted up to a week before your trip (based on availability).
Charter terms and conditions
By booking a transit charter through UNC Charlotte Parking and Transportation Services, you are agreeing to the following:
Reservations and pricing
- Charter reservations should be made using the request form. All charter reservation requests made within ten (10) days of the proposed trip cannot be made online. Please call 704-687-0271 to check availability.
- Cost estimates are based on information provided; charges will be based on actual service. The reservation request must include an itinerary, including charter activity, to provide an accurate estimate.
- Hourly charter rates include driver and fuel costs.
- Payment of trip deposit (if required) must be received at least three (3) business days prior to the charter or the charter may be canceled without notice.
- There is a two (2) hour minimum per bus on a charter
- No smoking is permitted on the bus. Failure to comply will result in a charter cancellation and a $100 fee will be assessed.
- An excessive clean-up fee of $200 per bus will be charged for any vehicle which requires cleaning above and beyond what should be needed by normal use.
- All requested changes to charters must be provided in writing and emailed to our charter bus office (firstname.lastname@example.org) forty-eight (48) hours in advance of the charter.
- A request for cancellation must be received in writing. Late cancellations will be charged at the hourly minimum per vehicle if notice is received within seven (7) days of departure. If within forty-eight (48) hours, the charge will be equal to the hourly minimum per vehicle, or 25% of the estimate, whichever is greater.
- Prohibited items include hazardous materials, weapons, tobacco products, open alcoholic containers, and any other drugs. Violations will result in the immediate termination of the charter.
- By law, a driver can be on duty for a maximum of fifteen (15) hours per day, ten (10) of which may be drive time.
- When operational needs exist, Parking and Transportation Services management reserves the right to upgrade any reservation to a similarly sized bus at no additional charge to the customer.
- Campus tour guides are not provided or scheduled through Parking and Transportation Services and are the responsibility of the scheduling group. Due to safety reasons, vehicle operators cannot act as campus tour guides while driving.
Additional questions? Check out the FAQ page for more information or contact us.