Niner Paratransit provides disability transport for those with mobility impairments who are registered for the service, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Disability transport must be prearranged. Requests are processed and scheduled quickly, usually within 24 hours.
Go to a Niner Paratransit hub or access point and call Niner Paratransit dispatch, 704-687-5636, and provide:
- Your name
- Pick-up hub/access point location
- Destination hub/access point
On-demand transports are subject to driver availability.
Temporary service requests
Niner Paratransit is also available to those who need assistance on a temporary basis (such as recent surgery, lower limb injuries, visual impairments or chronic diseases that impact stamina). This is arranged through the Office of Disability Services, Fretwell 230, 704-687-0040. After completion of the required form, Disability Services will verify and send email confirmation of eligibility, usually processed within 24 hours or less.
University personnel who plan to bring visitors with the need for disability transportation are strongly urged to secure services in advance; call 704-687-5636.
Designated pick-up and drop off locations are located all around campus as close as possible to accessible building entrances. Niner Paratransit vehicles drive and park on paved pathways only.
- Atkins Library, rear
- Barnhardt Student Activity Center
- Burson, rear
- CCOE/CHHS quad
- Cone/Lot 30
- CRI Deck
- East Deck 2
- Football Stadium
- Greek Village
- Harris Alumni Center
- Light Rail
- Lot 4/East Deck 3
- Lot 5A
- Lot 6
- Lot 7/Belk Gym
- Lot 12
- Lot 14/Tennis Courts
- Lot 16 A
- Lot 25
- Lot 27
- Lot 28
- Lynch/Lot 20
- Maple/Pine/Elm/Lot 16
- North Deck
- Popp Martin Student Union
- Rec Fields 15 & 16
- South Village Deck
- South Village Crossing
- Student Health Center
- Union Deck
- Wells Fargo Field House
- West Deck
- Witherspoon/Lot 20
- Passengers must be able to get into and out of the vehicle on their own unless accompanied by a Personal Care Attendant.
- If an individual needs emergency transport to the Student Health Center, call 911. Niner Paratransit vehicles are for transportation to classes, resident halls, parking areas, etc., NOT for medical transport.
- All scheduled rides take priority. Any calls for pick-ups will be placed where there are openings in the schedule.
- Passengers who cannot make their scheduled times need to call in. Three missed pick-ups will result in canceled schedules.
- Temporary Passengers who no longer need the services need to call in and cancel their services.
- Student conduct needs to comply with the Campus Student Conduct Policies. Any unprofessional behavior will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct.
- Drivers will only wait five minutes after scheduled pick-up time. If the passenger misses their pick up, they will be placed on a call-in basis.
Ramp weight limitations
Short Ramp: Not to exceed 1,200 pounds
Long Ramp: Not to exceed 660 pounds