Gotcha Mobility's bikeshare rental and pilot e-scooter program provides affordable, short-term bike and e-scooter rentals on campus.
The e-scooter pilot program will be evaluated in September 2020 to determine how successful e-scooter rentals are on campus.
E-scooters are available for short-term rental at six hub locations through the Gotcha Mobility app. While helmets are not provided with the e-scooter rental, we strongly encourage you to wear a helmet while riding.
E-scooter operators must abide by the Campus Transportation Policies for the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
It is especially important for e-scooter operators to be aware of the following:
- E-scooters must be parked in a designated e-scooter hub.
- Failure to return an e-scooter to a designated hub at the end of a reservation will result in a fine.
- Riders must walk e-scooters through restricted areas. Scooters are programmed to reduce speeds to no more than six miles per hour in restricted areas.
- E-scooters may not be operated off campus, during adverse weather or at night (8 p.m. to 7 a.m.).
Bikeshare map and availability
Charlotte Wheels bikes are available for rental through the Gotcha Mobility app at stations across campus. The map below shows how many bikes are available at each station.
- Cameron Blvd. and Poplar Lane
- Martin Hall
- Lot 5
- East Deck 2
- Fretwell and McEniry
- Popp Martin Student Union
- Belk Gym
- South Village Crossing
- Grigg and EPIC
Bike lockers, available to anyone with a valid full-year UNC Charlotte parking permit, are located in CRI, North, and South Village parking decks and Lot 27. There is a $15 per semester or $40 per year charge to those who do not have a valid, full-year UNC Charlotte parking permit.
Fill out and return the Bicycle Locker Rental and Policy Form to get started.
The map below displays the locations of bike lockers and public bike racks on campus.